Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) otherwise known as Farm Science Centre or Ka jaka ai jinghikai ia ka rep ka riang bad ri jingri bathymmai is a noble concept developed by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) which was rest upon a solid base of transfer of technology from laboratory to farmer’s field with respect to Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandary, Floriculture, Bee keeping, Mushroom Cultivation, Broiler Farming and allied subjects.
News & Events
- SAC meeting - 24 th January 2018 at DHO, Nongstoin
- Exposure visit - 23rd December 2017
- Training demonstration on Cultivation of Oyster mushroom - 21st December 2017
- Skill development Training on Berkeley method of compost making - 19th December 2017
- PPV & FRA Regional Workshop & Agro Biodiversity Exhibition at KVK Kamrup - 14th December 2017
- Celebration of World Soil Day 2017 - 5th December 2017
- Total Area: 5,247 Sq.Km
- Population: 3,85,601 (2011 Census)
- District HQ: Nongstoiñ
- Blocks: 4
- Food Grains: Paddy, Maize, Potato, Chow-chow, Carrot, Pea, Ginger.